dye-painting silk workshops
painting silk in the serti method using non-toxic, water-base dyes
In this full-day silk painting experience, you create three items: a spontaneous scarf, a designed scarf, and a handkerchief sample. Class size is 3 to 5 students, allowing more instructor coaching time for each student, and plenty of studio space.
schedule - spring 2019
Pending - Fri/Sat, June 28 and 29
Friday - 10am to 3pm
Saturday - 9am to 12:30pm, or until artwork is completed (it sometimes takes longer).
Each class is two half-days, an afternoon and a morning. This allows for travel time to/from, and a rest in the middle of creating.
Workshops may be special-arranged by appointment. Call or email with a proposed date and group size.
Contact the artist if you are interested in a class.
location of classes
The address is 4137 116th Avenue SE
- Completion of two 11 x 60 silk scarves (one spontaneous texture and one designed) and a handkerchief sketch/sample
- Silk, dyes, materials and supplies
- Instruction on silk dyes and resists
- Mixing of dye colors
- Coaching & assistance creating your silk scarf
- Steam-setting of your silk artwork for permanence (hand-washable and dry-cleanable)
- Shipping of your silks to you when steam-set
- For your designed scarf, you'll dye 11 x 60 inch 100% silk in habotai. Habotai is easiest and recommended for your first silk class (crepe de chine or silk satin by arrangement).
availability & reservations
to verify class availability.
reserve your place by check
Make a check for $325 per student payable to visibleinvisible.
4137 116th Avenue SE
Olympia WA 98501.
then (ignore the invoice message) click the PayPal logo button to go to my secure PayPal checkout.
then fill in:
item: Silk Workshop (and event date)
price per item: $325
(There is no WA state sales tax on art lessons.)
Click here for more information on how to prepare for the class and what items to bring with you.
Here left are participants getting started at a class (previously) held at the Olympia Old Carnegie Library. Click on the photo to see photos from that creative event.