dye-painting silk workshops
painting silk in the serti method using non-toxic, water-base dyes
In this full-day silk painting experience, you create three items: a spontaneous scarf, a designed scarf, and a handkerchief sample. Class size is 3 to 5 students, allowing more instructor coaching time for each student, and plenty of studio space.
schedule - spring 2019
T.B.D - Sat/Sun, May 18/19 or May 25/26
Saturday - 1:00pm to 5:30pm, and then Sunday - 9:00am to 12:30pm or until artwork is completed (it sometimes takes longer).
Each class is two half-days, an afternoon and a morning. This allows for travel time to/from, and a rest in the middle of creating.
Workshops may be special-arranged by appointment. Call or email with a proposed date and group size.
Contact the artist if you are interested in a class.
location of classes
The address is 4137 116th Avenue SE
- Completion of two 11 x 60 silk scarves (one spontaneous texture and one designed) and a handkerchief sketch/sample
- Silk, dyes, materials and supplies
- Instruction on silk dyes and resists
- Mixing of dye colors
- Coaching & assistance creating your silk scarf
- Steam-setting of your silk artwork for permanence (hand-washable and dry-cleanable)
- Shipping of your silks to you when steam-set
- For your designed scarf, you'll dye 11 x 60 inch 100% silk in habotai. Habotai is easiest and recommended for your first silk class (crepe de chine or silk satin by arrangement).
availability & reservations
Please make checks payable to visibleinvisible. Thanks!