painting silk in the serti method using non-toxic, water-base dyes
There were four classes in November 2009. Each class was limited to ten students.
Thanks to all who attended and contributed to making each class special.
January and February class schedules are in the works...check back soon!
I'm planning for a longer class time, allowing for (new addition) a spontaneous scarf, a designed scarf, and a handkerchief sample.
fall dates and times (now past)
- Saturday, Nov. 14th - from 9:00AM to Noon
- Monday, Nov. 16th - from 6:30 to 9:30PM
- Wednesday, Nov. 18th - from 6:30 to 9:30PM
location of classes
- Silk, dyes, materials and supplies
- Instruction on silk dying and color
- Coaching & assistance creating your silk scarf
- Steam-setting of your silk artwork for permanence (hand-washable and dry-cleanable)
- Shipping of your silk to you when steam-set
- Choose from approx 11 x 60 inch 100% silk in habotai, silk satin, and crepe de chine.
availability & reservations
All nine students created lovely paintings on silk.